Information we collect, hold and process includes:
• Company name, address and website
• Telephone numbers you’ve provided
• Email address
• Order details (products purchased, delivery addresses, delivery contacts)
• Brief notes of any telephone conversations
• Records of any email conversations
• Activity on our website when logged in (e.g. products viewed, open baskets, log of changes made to orders)
• Payment history
Reasons for holding this data include:
• Allowing us to process your orders
• Taking notes of telephone enquiries to be able to process your request
• Recording information that will allow us to better understand your business and make things easier for you (e.g. showing most frequently ordered products in a favourites list)
Where your data is held
Data is held in various systems, including:
• Our order processing and accounting system (ERP)
• Our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software
• Our email helpdesk software
Links to other websites
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. We use Google Analytics cookies. No personal data is stored in the cookies. They are there to help us monitor activity and traffic to and through our website. Depending on the browser you use, you should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through the browser settings.
We may email existing customers notices (such as business shutdowns) from time to time, but if you do not want to receive these there is an unsubscribe option at the bottom of every email. We may also email details of new products or improvements in our business, but this is rare and there is always the option to unsubscribe. We don’t send these emails to people who we hold information on but aren’t yet customers, unless they have specifically opted-in to such emails.
Sharing your data
We provide our couriers enough information to be able to deliver your orders – company name, delivery address and delivery contact details. They provide us names, signatures and records of when deliveries were made for invoicing purposes. Their privacy notices can be provided on request.
If we’re making a delivery direct from one of our suppliers, we’ll also provide them the information required to make a delivery.
Any of your information that we held is secured with all the latest technologies as you’d expect, as part of our overall cyber security strategy. We also have managerial procedures in place so that any information we hold is only accessed by the relevant employees.
Access to your information
Should you want to access the information we hold on you, you have the right under GDPR to make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will not be a charge and we will turn this round in a reasonable timeframe, depending on how much data there is to compile.
Right to be forgotten
If you want us to erase all your data for any reason, we can do this, apart from the data on any past transactions we must keep by law for financial records. Please make your request to email@example.com.
Updates to this policy
We keep this policy as up-to-date as possible. The most recent version will always be shown on our website www.interfix.co.uk/privacy.